Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 7 posting

Liou's paper talks about using movies to make the classroom learning more interesting. Personally I believe this is true because students often find it boring to learn in the same enviornment everyday, its quite interesting how student's reactions can tell you so much on what they enjoy. Movies can give students an opportunity to learn without the strict and boring rules of the classroom, and most often they learn without noticing. I find that my students talk and play less with each other and is the time where they pay most attention in my classroom. I would pause in between scenes to ask them questions regarding what they have watched. It is an interesting excercise where I incorporate it into my lesson plan once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment